UC Davis Health
American Heart Association Strategically Focused Research Network (SFRN) Center supported postdoctoral position in Basic, Translational, and Clinical Science is available to study Psychosocial Stressors & Cardiovascular Disease. The trainee will work in a highly collaborative multidisciplinary environment with faculty linked by common interests in (chronic) psychosocial stressors and how these affect cardiovascular diseases and their comorbidities. Our research team includes diverse research faculties and physician investigators. Trainees will have ample opportunities to learn and master state-of-the-art techniques in proteomics, metabolomics, genomics, epigenetics, bioinformatics, Data Science in Computational Medicine (e.g., Machine Learning, Mathematical Modeling).
- If funded, trainees must participate in all Training Program Activities.
- All publications must cite the AHA center grant (23SFRNPCS1064232).
- A semi-annual progress report is required.
It is essential that the nominees have a post-baccalaureate doctoral degree and the best potential of becoming first-rate independent research scientists. Scholastic achievement, innovation, and interdisciplinary research (i.e., psychosocial stress, heart disease, social determinants of health, multi-omics, bioinformatics, data science) weigh heavily in the selection.
Collaborations between laboratories and crossing traditional boundaries are important in the selection process. Research proposal, progress, and strong publication track-record are highly valued.
- NIH biographical sketch from the applicant
- Concise research and career goals statement (3-4 pages)
- Copy of graduate academic records
- Three Letters of recommendation.
- Combine all documents into a single PDF. Be sure to include your last name in file path.
Monday, May 8th, 2023 with an immediate start date of July 1, 2023 - EXTENDED
SEND APPLICATIONS TO
Dr. N. Chiamvimonvat
Department of Internal Medicine Molecular and Cellular Cardiology
One Shields Avenue Davis, CA, 95616
The University of California, Davis is an equal opportunity employer, committed to excellence through diversity.